Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas Vacation

Lots of happened since the last time I blogged. I had Christmas vacation so that's why I haven't blogged in awhile. 

Christmas Eve
First, I'll tell you about our Christmas Eve. We all slept in a little, had a small breakfast and Mom got the Ham dinner ready for lunch. Before lunch Mom, Dad, Abbey, Shannon, Billy, Calvin and I opened our gifts. I got lots of wonderful gifts! After we were done Aunt Debbie showed up, and a little while later Tim, Angie, Gabe, and Addie showed up. We had a delicious ham dinner and then we opened gifts with the Tim, Angie, Gabe and Addie. Most of us got to hold adorable little Addie and play with Gabie baby.  :D 

That night, after Tim, Angie, Gabe, Addie, and Aunt Debbie left, my family and Calvin went to Free Grace's Christmas Eve service of Lessons and Carols. That was really nice. We ended the service with lighting a candle for each person and singing Joy To the World, the last reading, and Silent Night. :D

Christmas Day
We went to Church. It was a very good service. After Church we opened gifts from the Kidds. :) Grace gave me bobby pins, white nail polish, clear nail polish, and a light blue nail polish. Millie gave me three hair clips, pink nail polish, and red nail polish. 

After we left the church we drove to the Richards' house to drop off Calvin there. We gave everyone hugs, Tucker gave us chocolate bars, we talked for a bit and then we gave hugs again and then my family and I left. 

At home we mainly hung around the house, I think. I can't quite remember. We probably played Dutch Blitz most of the day. 

Richards Christmas Open House
Tuesday evening Sean drove over to our house to visit. Soon after he got to our house, him, Billy and Dad tried to put mine, Abbey and Shannon's bedroom door back on. The door fell off it's hinges earlier that day while I was exiting the room. Heh! After they got the door on Sean, Shannon, Billy and I left to go to the Richards' Christmas Open House. 

That was alot of fun! I mainly hung out with Corrie. Every now and then I'd hang out with Stevie, Tucker, Nina, and Kelsey, or Olivia, Evan, Petra, Sarah, and Ben or anyone else I knew. When it was time for us to go we brought Kevin and Calvin home with us. 

When we got home, the door had fallen off again... The boys fixed it the next day and now it works better than it did before it had fallen off. :) Thanks guys!

Wednesday-Friday
We had a quite relaxing vacation. We mainly played games and watched TV or a movie and ate junk food. Sean left our house late morning on Thursday. On Friday Shannon, Casey Billy, Abbey, Calvin, Mom and I went shopping at Target. Rebecca and William met us there to shop with us. :) Rebecca helped me find a nice grey cardigan, a belt, and two cute dresses! :) When we left Target it began to snow. 

Casey, Shannon, Billy and I played Sequence for a bit and then Casey left. :( My Uncle Steve arrived soon after that. 
Uncle Steve taught us how to play a card game called Nines. It's kind of a mixture of Poker and President, I think. It's fun! 

New Years Eve
On Saturday, Dad made a yummy egg casserole for breakfast. After breakfast Uncle Steve began making a turkey dinner. Tim, Angie, Gabe and Addie came over late morning. :) Around 1:30 or 2pm we had a delicious turkey dinner made by Uncle Steve! Cousin Katie arrived at our house around 2:30pm. After the dinner we talked, played with Gabe and held Addie. While Addie napped we opened gifts from Uncle Steve. I got a pretty, red wrist watch. Tim, Angie, Gabie and Addie left around 4pm to go to a New Years Eve Party. 

Katie and Uncle Steve learned how to play Dutch Blitz and then left right before Shannon, Billy, Abbey and I left to go to the Estes for a party. Calvin, Mom and Dad came along in another car a little later.

At the Estes party we played a HUGE group game of Catch Phrase. I believe the girls team won. Woot! After that game, Corrie, Colin, Kenan, Daniel, Billy, Linnea, Catherine, Ellie and I and some younger kids went outside and played Kick The Can in the dark on icy grass. It. Was. Awesome! We played about 5 or so rounds. The one time I "kicked the can" Kenan and John were guarding it. I slowly snuck up until I was behind a tree. If I wasn't wearing Kenan's camouflage fleece they probably would have noticed me. :P Since Kenan is really fast, I waited until he was a little farther off than John and then I sprinted for the can. John went to go tag me and I did a softball slide which dodged his tag and kicked the can. :) 

We played two rounds of Capture the Can (Capture the Flag but with a can). My team won the first round and lost the second round. It was LOTS of fun! 

My hands were FREEZING by the time we went back inside. After I warmed up a little, Kenan, Colin, Daniel, Billy, Corrie, Ellie, Catherine, and maybe a few other people played spoons in the basement. I came in third. I think Billy beat Colin on the last round.

Kenan and Mr. Estes show Colin, Daniel, Billy, Corrie and I his guns. Those were cool!

New Years Day
We played some other games until it was about 15 minutes before midnight. Almost everyone came down stairs and got the bubbling grape juice ready and then we counted down to the New Year! Billy, Colin, Catherine, Kenan and I did cheers. We played a laid back game of Catch Phrase and then the Phillips' left. Us Clarke kids and Calvin spent the night because Dad said the roads were to icy to drive home on. 

Later that morning (because we went to bed in the early hours of the morning) we woke up, had a quick breakfast, said our goodbyes and left!

When we got home we got ready for church then went to church. :) I had SO much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment