Wednesday, January 16, 2013

First Mentor Visit

Last Monday, I had YEA! class again. It was pretty exciting because we had one of our investors come and meet us. After introducing ourselves and our business ideas, he left. A lawyer came in as a guest speaker and talked to us about taxes, liabilities, sole proprietorship vs corporations or limited partnerships/partnerships, and hiring/firing/paying employees, business names and trademarks and things like that. It was pretty interesting.

After the lawyer left, we got a 10 minute break. We got to snack on some desserts from Grants Bakery.

When our break was over, Mr. Morrison introduced us to our mentors. I was partnered up with a gentleman named Donny who works at Mechanic Savings. I believe he does something commercials so he sees alot of business plans. He basically went over my business plan with me and asked me quite a few good questions. He's smart and was recently married so weddings are pretty fresh in his mind. In case you didn't know, my business is going to Wonderful Wedding Planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment