Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Busy, On-the-go Day

Yesterday morning, Shannon drove me to the Androscoggin County Chamber of Commerce building before she went to class. When I arrived the the building I said hello to my teacher, Mrs. Carroll, then went into the Chamber of Commerce conference room to listen to Kurk Lalemand from Next Level Business Coaching. Kurk spoke on "Hiring -- The Long and Winding Road". He talked about how we should hire slowly - fire quickly, train people well, keep people accountable, and the DISC personality trait system.

After the seminar was over, I walked down the road to Free Grace church. Mom, Billy, the Kidds, Pastor Per and a few elders from Presbytery, I think, were there. I ate a small lunch and talked with Millie, Grace, and Darby for awhile. Grace, Kevin, and I walked to the Lewiston Public Library while Mom and Mrs. Crawford took a walk. Soon after we got to the library, we had to head back to the church because the Kidd family was ready to leave. It was Darby's birthday so they were going to have a fun day in Portland for him. :) I talked to Pastor Per until Mom got back from her walk with Mrs. Crawford.

Mom and I drove to the dollar store and bought basically all the supplies we needed for the cast party. The Wardwells were at Walmart and so I asked them to pick up white rectangular table cloths because the dollar store didn't have any.

Shannon got home, we got home and the Wardwells arrived at our house at basically the same time. It was rather hilarious!

Mom drove me and the Wardwells to the Richards's house. Mrs. Richards told us what to do with the Christmas decorations and we quickly got to work. Rebecca and Tucker arrived about an hour after we got there. We eventually got all the Christmas decorations and tree out of the Great Room and then got to work on decorating. I won't say too much about the decorations until after the cast party. I can tell you that they're really amazing though!

After a few hours of work, Mom picked us up. Rebecca and Tucker drove in a separate car. We went to the Winthrop Hannaford to return a Redbox movie and buy some spinach. Then, we stopped at the Chick's house so I could pick up the goddess costume for Mrs. Taylor.

When we (Emily, John, Stephen, Tucker, Rebecca, Mom, and I) got home, Billy had a delicious supper ready for us. After supper Tucker and I discussed details of the cast party while everyone else talked about random things. It turned out to be a very fun evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment