Tuesday, November 29, 2011

My Weekend

Last Friday we cleaned the house in preparation for 18 guests! Shannon, Abbey and I made ALOT of home made chicken fingers. We also made mashed potatoes and corn. It was a very American meal. :P We had Mr. and Mrs. Estes, Nick, Joel, Kenan, Linnea, Catherine, Diana, Martin, Mr. Kidd, Mrs. Kidd, Kevin, Millie, Grace, Darby, Lilly, Rebecca and Tucker over. :)

First off, Nick and Joel arrived early. While Nick set up their projector for the movie Joel did some school work. Around 5pm the Kidd family arrived. :) About 45 minutes or so later the rest of the Estes family, Rebecca and Tucker arrived. After a few minutes when every got settled we had supper. Immediately after supper we started the movie. We watched the Star Trek movie. The younger kids (Linnea's age and down) watched The Parent Trap in my parent's room.

When the movie was over we all had dessert and then Tucker, Billy, Millie, Kevin, Grace, and Catherine played Hearts or President in Billy's room. Everyone else sang songs from musicals. My throat was beginning to hurt so I joined Linnea, Kenan and Darby and watched The Parent Trap II. We didn't get to finish it but it was really funny! After awhile the Kidds had to leave, then the younger Estes, then Nick, Joel, Rebecca and Tucker left. That was LOADS of fun!

On Saturday my family had a pretty laid back day. Except I didn't really have a laid back day. Mom and I went in town and cleaned our church ad got Mom's pay check at her work. When we got home I ate a quick lunch and then I went over to Ellayna's house for a few hours. We looked at senior portraits and played Just Dance on the Wii. I went home after that. Calvin was visiting us until Sunday so that was cool. We ate Mom's delicious Turkey pot pie and then I had to go babysit for the Hanscoms.

Miles played on the computer for a little bit while Maddie and I played Battleship. She just barely beat me at that. Miles wanted to watch a movie so we watched Evan Almighty. I don't recommend it... I didn't like it. It was about how God spoke to a congressmen to build an ark because a great flood was going to come. They make fun of the Bible story of Noah's Ark. Since Mrs. Hanscom wasn't getting home until 2am from her gig I decided to sleepover. Mom picked me up at 7am the next morning.

On Sunday we had church. Mr. Kidd preached. :) That was cool. After church Jenna, Calvin, Millie, Grace and Kevin came over for a visit. Millie, Kevin, Calvin and Billy played Hearts while Grace, Jenna, Shannon and I played President. After awhile we all got pretty hungry so we ate a snack. After the snack we all played spoons except Calvin. Calvin took a nap. We stopped right before 4pm and cleaned the house a little for home group. Mrs. Marston, her son Isaac, Jinny, Mr. Kidd, Mrs. Kidd, Darby, Lilly, and Shannon (not my sister) came to the home group.

No comments:

Post a Comment