Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Driving!

Taking a week off of Facebook really helped me manage my time.  I'm not quite as stressed as I was. :) Because Driver's Ed is so time consuming, I still didn't get to read as much of the Motorist hand book as I wanted to. I was hoping to read about 12 pages a day so I wouldn't be reading like 60 pages in one day. With a little help of some procrastination (mostly lack of time), it turns out that I'll have to read about 60 pages today and tomorrow before Driver's Ed class, and answer the questions after each "Part". I think I'll be reading the Motorist book for most of the day today. :/

Last Friday, Billy and I drove for the first time! Our instructor had us drive in back roads of Monmouth, a little bit of Greene, and in the residential (not so much the city part) area of Lewiston we practiced basic left and right turns.

Friday night, I went into work at 6pm. Kaitlyn and Michaela had me work upstairs while they dealt downstairs. There were a bunch of people downstairs!

On Saturday morning, there were a lot of dirty dishes in the kitchen so I worked on cleaning them until Mom came home, and then we drove to the church to decorate it. When we got there, Ginny was waiting for us, and then Jessie arrived, soon after Jessie, the Crawford's showed up. :) Connor, Mr. Crawford, Gavin, and I decorated the railings outside while snowed. It was wicked cold but I loved the snow falling! Everyone else focused on the indoor decorations, although Ginny and Jessie put red and silver bows outside. :) The church looks extra pretty now. :)

After we finished decorating the church, Billy, (Mrs. Crawford picked him and Garrett up from class at CMCC) Mom, and I went home, had lunch, and then I worked on outlining my business plan a little. I went to work at 5pm. Corrie and I manned the upstairs while Kaitlyn and Michaela were downstairs again. Around 8:30, Michaela and I were allowed to leave. Corrie and Kaitlyn had to stay until around 10:15pm. Kaitlyn gave Corrie a ride to my house and then Corrie and I talked until her Dad picked her up. :)

On Sunday, Pastor Per preached on The Structure of Marriage. It was, yet, another good sermon. :) This Sunday, we also got to sing a few Christmas songs, such as, Joy To The World, El Shaddai, and Mrs. Kidd and Mrs. Almquist sang O Come, Emmanual during communion. It. Was. Beautiful. We also sang In Christ Alone which is sung all year round but still good around Christmas time.

After church, we had Kyle, Millie, Kevin, and Grace come over to hang until Prayer Meeting at 6pm. :) I cooked some rice and kielbasa and Billy fried some vegetables for lunch. :) Millie, Billy, Kevin, and Kyle played Four Player Chess and Risk most of the afternoon. Shannon, Gracie, and I set up the Christmas tree (its fake). I also baked some molasses cookies and Gracie helped me dish them out. :)

We had a HUGE turn out for Prayer Meeting! It seemed like almost the entire church showed up! 'Twas really great!

Monday morning, Billy and I drove again! This time we drove in Augusta. We practiced changing lanes, driving on the highway and the round-a-bout and such. The "Question of the Day" was "Which lane do you want to be in?". It was pretty fun, scary, and cool!

After we got home from driving, I ate  little bit of food, answered a Drivers Ed. question or two and then I got ready to go to YEA! class. The majority of the class we focused on the SWOT analysis. SWOT stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats. It's really good analysis to do before you start a business and a constant analysis to do while you run your business. We partnered up with some one in the class and did a SWOT analysis on each other's businesses. I partnered with Sam because our businesses are somewhat similar. After about 5-7 minutes we each took turns going up in front of the class and listed off our own SWOT analysis and then the rest of the class added to it. It was really beneficial. :) Zoe brought in a sample of gluten free brownies. They were really delicious! :D

This morning The Piano Guys posted a new video. It's beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment