Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fantastic Monday!

Monday morning my family and I cleaned the house. Later that morning Rebecca and Samantha dropped Calvin off for a visit. We ate lunch and then while Dad took a quick nap Calvin, Billy, Shannon and I played Hearts. We only got to play two rounds but, I had the lowest score so I won. :)

We went apple picking at Wallingfords. We only filled on big bag because we didn't have much time. While we waited for Dad to pick us up we took pictures of eachother in these wooden things where you stick your face through a whole in the wood and it makes you look like a cow, or a pig, or an apple.

An apple and I picked and polished.

Calvin, Billy, Abbey and Shannon at the apple orchard.

Those wooden things I was talking about.

The three kids in the tree aren't moved out of the house but Abbey is...

Naughty twins...

"Why so serious?" in Chinese.

"Colleen Clarke" in Chinese.



When we got home from Wallingfords, Shannon, Calvin and I baked an apple cake. Shannon, Calvin and I played Pig and Around the World with the basketball until the Estes came. Nick, Joel, Kenan and Linnea joined in on our game. Jenna, Corrie and Jolie showed up eventually. Nick and Calvin owned at Around the World! Shannon eventually quit and went and made Apple Crisp with Corrie, Jenna, Jolie and Linnea. I was about the same level as Joel and Kenan at Around the World. We eventually quit because the game was lasting forever. After a little while, we all got ready to drive to the local Soccer field to play Ultimate Frisbee.

We only played Ultimate for a little while because the Estes couldn't stay too long. Millie, Grace and Kevin showed up soon after we got to the field. The team I was on lost 3-5. Abbey, the Estes, Jenna, and Dad drove back home while everyone else walked back through the woods.

When we got home we started a fire in the fire pit. We cooked hotdogs, marshmallows, and apples over the fire. We made s'mores and ate freshly baked apple crisp and apple cake and we ate lots of Oreos! It was fantastic! While we were sitting around the campfire our friend Jenny from Deerwander stopped by with her mom and sister. That was a delightful surprise! After probably an hour or so of talking Jenny and her family left, and Dad took the Kidd's and Calvin back home. Jolie, Corrie, and Jenna hung around for a bit longer. We drew random things on each others arms. :)

Corrie drew this on my forearm.

And Corrie drew this on my tricep area. It wore off a little. :/



1 comment: