Monday, October 17, 2011

Strong Enough!

On Friday night Sarah, Mrs. Pare and I went to the Matthew West concert in Lewiston at the Vineyard Christian School. It. Was. Amazing!!! :D I had SO much fun! It was so cool! I didn't get to meet Matthew West but I was about four rows away from him at one point. One of my favorite songs that he played that night was Strong Enough.

I didn't get to buy any Matthew West CD's or anything because I didn't have enough money but I bought a guitar pick necklace that Jonny Diaz's (the guy who opened for Matthew West) wife hand made.  The guiter pick has "Stand For You" written on it.
I liked Jonny Diaz's song Beauty of the Cross.

On Saturday I had my last soccer game. The game was at Nokomis. We lost 1-0 but we played really well!

Saturday afternoon Millie and Grace came over for the night. :) We baked an apple pie, and an apple crisp. We also watched X-men: First Class. That was a very good movie!

On Sunday, Millie, Grace, my family and I went and picked up Calvin then we went to Church. The sermon was about "Paying Much Closer Attention" to God and not to drift away.

After church we went home for a bit. We played a little basketball, then we listened to a sermon from Saturday's Presbytery (which most of us missed because of soccer) thing. We wrote down points and illustrations from the sermon and at the end we had to summarize the sermon. When we were done that we got ready to go to the Donahue's for a bonfire.

We were the first to arrive at the Donahue house. We played pass with the soccer ball for awhile until we all went inside for a drink of water. We then played frisbee until the Richards' showed up. After they showed up, some people played ping pong, some played with the frisbee again. Eventually the Estes, Amanda, and Jenna showed up too. Kenan and I played Darts for a little while. We didn't really play an actual game we just tried hitting the bullseye and threw the darts from different angles and such.
Every one roasted their hotdogs over the fire. People roasted marshmallows afterwards too! We all talked around the campfire for quite awhile. Some of us went inside to hang out in the living room. Nick, Joel and sometimes Tucker entertained us with some talented piano playing and some singing. :D Most of us played Spoons for a bit until people had to leave.
Thanks Corrie and the rest of the Donahue family for planning such a fun night!

1 comment:

  1. I love the song Strong enough!!!
    Sorry you lost your game :(
    I REALLY wanna see xmen first class
    I also had a blast at Corrie's!! I told her she needs to do it again soon!

    ReplyDelete