Monday, April 2, 2012

Fawnwander!

Last Saturday morning Shannon, Sean, Millie, Billy, Mom, Dad and I went and helped my Aunt Debbie move into an apartment. That was fun and pretty speedy! Around noon time Shannon, Sean, Billy, Millie and I left for Fawnwander which is in Massachusetts.

When we arrived at the church, we played a pretty fun "ice breaker" game where we each got a balloon, inflated them, wrote our names on the balloon and then threw them in the air while loud music was played. We pretty much played "keep it up" with about 50 balloons! When the music stopped, we had to grab a random balloon and find the person with the name on the balloon. After we all got our balloons back, we put wrote down our favorite food. After that round, we wrote down our favorite fictional character was. For favorite food, I wrote down Pasta, for favorite fictional character, I wrote down Rory Williams.

A guy named Steve spoke on obedience. It was geared more towards the middleschoolers. :/ I still enjoyed it though.

After the session, we had soft shell tacos for supper. Mmm mmm good! For dessert we had delicious apple crisp (made by Mrs. Vandyke) and vanilla ice cream.

After supper we went to the YMCA. First, I went swimming in the 12 foot pool with Jenny, Naomi, Millie and Bethany, then I played dodge ball with a bunch of people. That was REALLY fun! It was Fawnwander people vs. some random guys who like the throw the ball really hard. Dodge ball gradually ended. Shannon, Sean, Talia and I watched some people kayak, and paddle boat in the pool until the pool closed. I really wanted to join the people in the pool but, I was too lazy.

After the pool closed, we went back to the church for a snack and then some singing and another session on obedience by Steve.

We had some free time after the session but Talia and I were too tired to really do anything so, we got ready for bed and talked until the boys went upstairs so we could go to bed. Talia, Shannon, Millie, Bethany, Naomi, Jenny and I slept in Youth room where it was pretty quiet. :)

Jon Evans (the youth leader) woke us up by blaring The Final Countdown! I must say, it worked very well. I got ready for church, and then did Naomi's hair in a fishtail braid. Shannon was ever so kind to bring my sleeping stuff out to the car while I did Naomi's hair. When I finished her hair, Talia, Naomi and I put my back pack in the car, then joined the rest of Fawnwander people for breakfast. After breakfast, we went to Church. That was good. :)

After Church, Steve spoke on obedience one last time. After his last talk we had lunch. After lunch we helped put the tables and chairs away.

Fawnwander we officially over around 1pm. I said good bye to Talia, Naomi and Bethany, and then Shannon, Billy, Millie, Dan, Ben, Julian, Lianna (only for part of the time), Brian, Sean, David and I played Monkey in the Middle with the frisbee. It may be a little kids game, but it was still fun! After awhile, we all went into Ben's house (he lives right next to the church) to celebrate his birthday.  We all talked, laughed a bunch, ate apple crisp, ice cream, ice cream cake, and played Apples to Apples. It was very fun! Right before us Mainers (Shannon, Sean, Millie, Billy and I) had to go, we took a group picture.

About 5 minutes or so after we left Ben called Shannon to tell her that Jenny still had my bathing suit. So, we turned around and met them at Dunkin Donuts. While we waited for Ben, Jenny and Joanna (Ben's younger sister) to show up, Sean bought us each something from Dunkin Donuts.

On our way home we played Catch Phrase. Let's just say... A car full of overtired teens, caffeine, and funny personalities stuck in a car for two hours equals a HUGE amount of laughter. We quickly stopped by Aunt Debbie's to get Millie's sleeping stuff which we accidentally left at her new apartment.

When we got home Sean drove back to his house and then Mr. Kidd picked up Millie.  Overall it was a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment