Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Set Apart Life Discipleship Conference

Last Thursday afternoon, Mom, Dad, and I went to go watch Billy's track meet in Lewiston. Billy told us that Jessi, Jolie and Corrie were there so we went and watched the track meet with them. :) Billy is SO fast. It was awesome to see how much he improved since last year.

Once the track meet was over we said good bye to the Donahue girls and then headed to the Merrill Auditorium in Portland to meet up with the Sepulvedas. We got there just in time to see Daniel play the Cello with the orchestra he is in. I also got to see Bethany play the Cello too! That was a very delightful surprise! :) On our way back from the concert, Daniel, Elisabeth, Hannah (a friend of Elisabeth's), David, Maria, and Theresa sang a bunch of fun and beautiful songs. 

The next day Theresa, Elisabeth and I were the only ones at the house because everyone else had school. Elisabeth and I had breakfast, talked, decorated cupcakes, talked, packed, talked, and talked until it was time to go to Kristyn's house. :) Before getting to Kristyn's house, we picked Anna up at Panera Bread so her Mom wouldn't have to drive her all the way to Kristyn's house.

When we got to Kristyn's house we loaded up the three cars that were heading to Rhode Island. Once every girl that was going to the conference arrived, we headed out. Kristyn bought me a milkshake at McDonalds because she knew I had just gotten my wisdom teeth taken out. :)

When we got to the church in Rhode Island we registered for the Let God Write Your Love & Life Story by Eric and Leslie Ludy conference and then enjoyed the first session. :) It was about giving God the "pen" of your entire life. You may think you can write your own love life because God is kind of old... But who invented love in the first place? God did. I think he know a little more than you or I do.

I think we arrived at our hotel around 9:30 or 10pm. We each dropped our luggage off in our rooms and met in one hotel room for quick devotions.

The next day we all quickly got ready, ate breakfast and packed up our bags and went to the church again for a day full of the Ludy's talks.

The first session was The Sacred Honor ~ The Art of True Purity Faithfulness. If I remember correctly, that was about honoring your future spouse even before you know who they are. Picture two eyeballs following you around, those are your future spouse's eyes. Live as though your future spouse is watching you. Eric Ludy said, "If you don't train in faithfulness before your marriage, how will you be faithful during your marriage?". Proverbs 31:12 says, "She does him good, and not harm, all the days of her life.".

The second talk was fortification, I think. It was pretty much about Satan trying to attack our breaches (weaknesses) and learning on how to use God as your safety tower and fixing your "breaches". My notes aren't super clear, I apologize. Eric Ludy is really quotable, here's another quote he said, "You want Hell to go on red alert when you wake up in the morning.". Prayer is the key.

The third talk was about Set-Apart Femininity. This was about putting Christ in his rightful place, putting Him before any other love in my life. Self has to go away and Jesus needs to shine through. John 3:30 puts it very nicely, "He must increase, but I must decrease.”. Turn your gaze upward and don't focus on your beauty but focus on God and His beauty and His beauty will shine through you. Give God the best hours of your day with the best energy.

The fourth talk was on "Reckoning with Truth ~ Living a Fully Surrendered Life". Fix your eyes on faith and experience will follow. Be in Christ. When something is buried, it is forgotten, Jesus buried our sins. 

I'm sorry if some of this is unclear, I don't remember everything and I'm not the greatest note-taker. I pretty much walked away wanting to know more about God, I want to memorize lots of Scripture, pray much more, and honor my future husband.

Also, Kristyn brought up the question, if we're Christ's bride, what are our wedding vows to Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment