Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Living Transformation!

Dad, Billy and I decided to do a surprise for Mom and Shannon while they were gone in Haiti and that surprise was redoing our living room. Monday morning we took our picture frames and such off the walls. We didn't get very far because we had to go to Billy's track meet and do some errands. Jenna met Dad and I at our house to come with us to Billy's meet. Billy's track meet was in Waterville so we picked up Nick and Kenan at their house to come watch Billy. Mrs. Estes was super duper awesome and sent us with a big pot of cheesy pasta, water, bowls, cups, plastic silverware, and a huge container full of strawberries and melons!

Colin and Joel met us at the track meet. We watched Billy run atleast once or twice and then we ate supper. It was sooo good! During supper everyone (except me because I hadn't seen it yet) was quoting The Avengers. They kindly stopped quoting it for my sake. :) Jenna decided to take me to go see The Avengers that night. :D Nick, Joel, Kenan, and Colin had to leave soon after supper to help a friend move wood or something. Right around they were leaving Elayna showed up! :) Elayna and I talked a bunch until Billy's meet ended. Nick got dropped off at the field and then we said goodbye to Elayna and headed to Home Depot. While Nick, Billy and Dad went into Home Depot, Jenna and I went to Old Navy and The Dress Barn to just browse. When Dad, Billy and Nick were done we all drove home.

Around 9:30pm, Jenna, Billy, Nick and I drove to the movie theaters and watched The Avengers in 3D. It was absolutely hilarious and they had some really cool action scenes! I didn't have an absolute favorite Avenger but Iron Man is my least favorite.

Jenna went to her home from the movie theater and Nick, Billy and I drove to our home.

The next day we started cleaning out all the furniture from the living room.
This is a "before" picture. It was also taken as we were getting ready to clean out the living room.

This is Billy the kitchen table. Billy, Nick and I ate every meal on the couch because it's so much more comfy than a kitchen chair.
Primering the walls!
Mr. Donahue showed Nick and Dad how to wallpaper.
Nick wallpapering.
Billy had to mud some cracks in walls.
Casey helped paint!
Lime taffy green paint...Kind of an awful name.
I think this is when both coats were done? Maybe just the first coat.
Mr. Estes installed a new window for us!
My head hurt from all the paint "fumes".
Saturday morning Dad, Mr. Estes, Nick, and Billy installed the flooring.
I babysat from 2-11pm and this is what I came home to. The Estes even gave us a new couch!! It's SUPER comfy.
Pretty cozy looking living room.
 A ENORMOUS thank you to Nick, Mr. Estes, Mr. Donahue and Casey for all your wonderful help!

2 comments:

  1. That looks amazing!! I can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete