Wednesday, May 9, 2012

New Bagel Flavor!

Today I am going to make more bagels but this time there will be a new flavor. Billy got jalapeño peppers and dehydrated a couple of them and now wants me to make jalapeño bagels. I'll be using this bagel recipe again. :) I usually double the recipe and make twenty bagels instead of 16 because they get pretty big.

The other day I made English muffins for the first time! That was interesting. It was much easier than I expected. All you do is made the dough, roll it, cut it into 3 inch circles, then fry them in cornmeal for 7 minutes on each side. You're pretty much baking them on the stove. It took me awhile to find the right temperature on the stove. I recommend making them a little wider than 3 inches because they're a little small. Dad and Shannon really liked them! Dad said they tasted like biscuits. Here's the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment