Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Business Plan Research and Sambusa!

Last night, I had YEA! class again. I arrived a little late though. :/ We went around the room and said our names, what our business idea is and if we researched anything else for our business idea. I had done a little but I didn't really know how much I was supposed to share because I had missed everyone else's "shpeals". Joyce Gibson (the Dean of the college) came in a talked to us for a little bit. After she was done Mr. Morrison told us about some research we were supposed to do involving our business plan and then we all went to the computer lab and did research for awhile. I learned that couples tend to be around 25 years of age when they get engaged and they're usually engaged for 6 months to a year. In order to be successful I need to find lots of connections with photographers, florists, caterers, etc. Also, I believe 30 to 40% of engaged couples hire a wedding planner. I'm not sure what percentage that is in Maine but hopefully I'll make it higher because I'll be affordable. One of my class mates, named Ahmed, wants to open a Somalian food restaurant and so Mr. Morrison asked him to bring in a sample of some Somalian food. He brought in Sambusa (the recipe I linked to doesn't call for potatoes but Ahmed's had potatoes in it). It was really yummy! It tasted like Shephard's Pie in a fried wrap.

After class, Mom and Dad picked me up and we went home. I made myself some supper and then watched Psych. Half way through the episode Billy got home from SMASH auditions for As You Like It. I paused the episode so I could greet everyone Billy was riding with. Mrs. Kidd was ever so kind to drive Millie, Kevin, Billy, John, Steve, and Meredith to SMASH and back. I wanted to go but I had to go to YEA! class instead. I told Amanda (the assistant director) that I still wanted a part though. I was told that I might get the part of Phoebe. It looks like a really fun part! We'll find out tomorrow what parts we're getting.

I start Driver's Ed tonight! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment