Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving Break is Over

Alright, time to summarize my dandy Thanksgiving break! :)

On Tuesday, I mostly did chores and such around the house. Sean left Tuesday evening and Casey came and visited for a little bit. I stayed up until 12:30am watching Psych so I could greet Abbey when she got home. :)

Wednesday was Mom's birthday! In the morning, I made Mom toast, bacon, and a fried egg, and the rest of the family blueberry and chocolate chip pancakes. After breakfast, we figured out what we wanted to wear for family pictures. I made chili and put it in a crock pot for supper. After lunch, we drove to Vaughan Woods. Michael was already there. After we all hugged Michael, we walked to the stone bridge and took some family pictures and such. It was a lot of fun! I can't wait to see how they turned out. Michael knew it was my Mom's birthday so he stopped at the Dollar Store and bought a birthday hat and those birthday blower things. He had Mom put the birthday hat on and we blew into the blowers and Michael shot some pictures of us in honor of Mom's birthday. It was awesome!

After we were done taking pictures, Michael drove us kids home. Mom and Dad drove home in their car. I baked some corn bread and then served the chili for supper. We had a lot of good laughs during supper. After supper, Michael left and we went to Governors to have Boston Cream Pie with Tim, Angie, Gabe, and Addie.

After dessert, Mom, Dad, Abbey, Shannon, Billy, and I went to the movie theaters and watched Lincoln. It was a pretty good movie! :)

Thursday morning, I had breakfast and then packed some food, and got ready to go to work at Sedgley Place. I got to work around 10:45am. It. Was. Super. Busy! I worked for about 9 hours and only had the chance to eat three apple slices. But it went well! :) I got home around 7:30pm. I ate a plate of leftovers from the turkey dinner and then I watched some Star Trek and then I went to bed.

On Friday, I had lunch with Corrie at Panera Bread. We had to wait quite a long time for our food but it was yummy! After lunch, Sarah and her Dad picked us up and then we picked up Jackie and then went to Sarah's house. We talked for awhile and played Foosball. Sarah's a beast at Foosball. Casey showed and up talked to us for awhile. :) It was good to see her again. Casey left right before supper time. Supper was delicious spaghetti and garlic bread with raspberry iced tea and some other yummy drink. After supper we played Catchphrase! That was SO much fun! We laughed so much! :D Tucker stopped by for about 5 minutes and then he left. Mom picked Corrie and I up a few minutes later. When we got home, Corrie and I talked for awhile and then Mr. Donahue picked her up.

Early Saturday morning Dad, Abbey, Shannon, Billy, and I cleaned the church and then drove to Massachusetts. When we got to Massachusetts we soon arrived at the Vandykes house. :) We all talked for awhile until lunch was ready. Mr. Vandyke prepared some delicious chili, chicken noodle soup, and rolls for us. After lunch we went outside and tried shooting some arrows with a bow. Ben, Zeb, Daniel, Joanna, and I think Levi did well with shooting it. Billy did pretty well too, Abbey couldn't pull the bow string back all the way, I could pull the string back but I completely missed the target...Twice! Shannon sort of broke the bow so she didn't get a chance to shoot. We all went inside and played Apples to Apples. Rebecca and I were a team and we won! :) After we finished the game, I called Sedgley Place and found out I had to go into work that night so we quickly said good bye to the Vandyke family and headed home. Dad had to stop at the Kennebunk rest stop to get some caffeine so I quickly changed into my Sedgley uniform there so I wouldn't have to change at work.

I got to Sedgley Place at 4:30pm. Sue wanted me to come in at 4pm but I told her I was in Massachusetts and so she had me try and get there at 5pm. Kaitlyn and I were the only hostesses there that night because it wasn't very busy. I set up the upstairs seatings for 6pm, and then helped Kaitlyn downstairs for awhile. Once the vegetables for the 5 o'clock seating were needed we did those and then we got the breads ready for the 6 o'clock seating. I cleared tables for awhile until it was time for the vegetables for the 6 o'clock seating. After we did the vegetables for the 6 o'clock seating we cleared tables for awhile and then reset the tables and restocked the waitress station. The next seating was at 8:30pm so we had awhile until we had to do their vegetables so we wiped silverware and glasses until then. Kaitlyn and I got to talk quite a bit. It was fun! Once we did the vegetables for the 8:30 seating we clocked out and left! :) Kaitlyn gave me a ride home.

On Sunday, we went to church and Mr. Lepage preached on Ephesian 1:3-6. He title the sermon Chosen in Him: A Blessing and a Praise. It was good! :)

After church we went to Panera bread to meet Casey there so Shannon and Casey could hang out before Casey went back to college. Dad bought Abbey a latte, a green iced tea for me, and a brownie for himself. While we had those Ken, Linda, and Calvin showed up. Since Panera was so busy we waited for a big table to open up and then the 9 of us sat at the table and talked for awhile. Dad, Billy, Abbey, and I headed home.

When we got home I made peanut butter chocolate fudge. Shannon came home after a few hours with Casey. Tim, Angie, Gabe, and Addie came over for a little visit to see Abbey one more time before she went back to NYC. :) Around 6:15, Dad, Billy, and I went to home group at the Taylor's house. I brought the fudge to share. Home group was really good except I hadn't read the book we were supposed to read so I was a little lost. After discussing the book for awhile, we all prayed. We stayed talking to friends until 10:30pm! It was pretty fun!

This morning I gave Abbey bangs!
Before..

After! 

No comments:

Post a Comment