Tuesday, November 6, 2012

First YEA! Class!

Last night, I had my first YEA! (Young Entrepreneurs Academy) class. It was a lot of fun! At 4 o'clock sharp, we began with doing introductions again. After introductions, we did a few ice breaker games. I was paired up with a guy in my class named Ayman (Pronounced Ahmin). We had to go into the hallway, or somewhere in the class room and "interview" our partner and get three or more facts about them. When just over a minute had passed, we all got back into our seats. After the first pair, Ayman and I went up in front of the entire class and we told the class our partner's name and three random facts about our partner. The three facts I shared about Ayman were that he likes soccer, jazz, and pasta.  He shared that I am a Christian, I like pasta, and that I'm a photographer. The next ice breaker, we had to find three things we had in common with each other. Ayman and I decided we both like soccer, jazz, and pasta. :P The last ice breaker was just like the last ice breaker but we paired up with another group so, we had to find three things in common with the four of us. We all agreed upon saying that we all like sports, are under the age of 18, and like to travel.

After the ice breakers, Mr. Morrison took us on a tour of the school (Lewiston-Auburn USM). It's not too terribly big but  it's a tad confusing.

While we were on the tour, the pizza arrived. :D So, we ate pizza and drank soda for awhile.

After we were done eating, a couple of the students, Mrs. Conway, and I went downstairs to the computer lab and took an online survey for YEA!. The students who had laptops with them stayed in the classroom and took the survey from there.

Once we finished the survey, Mr. Morrison went over the class conduct, and then asked us questions about Entrepreneurs, for example, "What are the challenges and advantages of being an Entrepreneur?" and, "What are the characteristics of an Entrepreneur?". Mrs. Conway, Mrs. Grey, and Mr. Morrison then handed out our own three ring binders with stuff about the class in it. With about five minutes left, Mr. Morrison had us rearrange the chairs back to a regular classroom set up, instead of a circle. Zoe and Daniel left, and soon after they left Gabby and I left. It was a good first night of class. :) Next week we are meeting at the Chamber of Commerce for a field trip to two different businesses. I look forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment