Monday, September 12, 2011

21 Gun Salute

As you know, yesterday was September 11th. We were at Battleship Cove so they did a special ceremony for the 9/11 attack. One of the events they did for the ceremony was a 21 Gun Salute. That was REALLY cool!
Here is a picture I took of them firing one of their 5 inch twin guns.














It was SO loud! What was so amazing was that they only used 1 pound of gun powder. They normally use 15 pounds of gun powder. I can't imagine how loud it was back when the battleship was in battle!

Here's a picture of the ceremony they had for the 9/11 attack.





















Here's a picture of a piece of the Twin Towers that I got to touch.





















 Overall, I had a fantastic time with my friends! I highly recommend you go to Battleship Cove.

3 comments: