Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How to Entertain Yourself in the Car

Yesterday I had a 2 hour bus ride to Thorndike for a soccer game against Mt. View. We lost 1-3. :/

How to entertain yourself in the car by yourself: At night, I usually listen to my iPod and text people. During the day, I look at all the car symbols on the back of cars and see if I can name them.

How to entertain yourself in the car with friends: Play the alphabet roadtrip game, sing songs, and tell or make up stories.

Here's how you play the Alphabet game. Some of you may be thinking of a different alphabet game where you're competing with others to get through the alphabet first This is more of a memory game than a competition. You have to go through the alphabet and think of something you're going to bring on "the road trip" starting with the letter 'A'. Let's use the word "apple" for example. The next person says, "I'm going on a road trip and I'm going to bring an apple and a book.". You have to continue going through the alphabet until you've reached the letter 'Z'.

On the way back from my game, my friend Sarah, Ashley , Mackenzie and I played the Alphabet game. I'll try and recite what we "brought on the road trip". We reached my stop before we got to finish the game though. 
Mackenzie started, then me, then Ashley, then Sarah, then back to Mackenzie.

Mackenzie, "I'm going on a road trip and I'm going to bring an apple."
Me, "I'm going a road trip and I'm going to bring an apple and a baboon."
Ashley, "I'm going on a road trip and I'm going to bring an apple, baboon and Cora." (a Freshmen girl on Varsity)
Sarah, "I'm going on a road trip and I'm going to bring an apple, baboon, Cora, and a dragon."

If you don't mind, I'm going to just skip the whole dialog thing and list everything off.
Apple, baboon, Cora, dragon, elephant, flamingo, giraffe, hippo, iguana, jaguar, Kelly (aka KP, the Varsity goalie who is a Sophmore), llama, mango, nut, Operation, platypus, Queen of England, ring, saxaphone, truck, underwear and velociraptor. I can't remember what 'W' was and we didn't get to X, Y and Z in time.

It's a really good memory, funny, and random game. Trust me, we laughed a BUNCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment