Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Why You Shouldn't Swear

First off, why do you swear? Is it because it's cool? Is it how you express your anger, frustration, and maybe even your curiousity?

Swearing is bad. It's not "cool" to swear. It is completely the opposite of cool! I think it's cool to have a big vocabulary of different words, nice words. Two friends of mine on my soccer team told me one day that they used to swear so much worse in like 6th grade and middleschool because that's when they actually had the "guts" to swear. They still swear, just not as much. Guts? You shouldn't need "guts" to say anything unless you're speaking in front of a big crowd or you're about to propose to your girlfriend.

You swear to express your anger. Yeah, so you're angry... I don't know about you, but when I get angry, I don't swear, and I have a bad feeling inside me when I'm mad. I pray to God to take away my anger and He usually does pretty speedily. Expressing you're anger usually isn't the best thing to do. Take a deep breath, count to ten and think again about what made you mad. Is it really worth it? I certainly hope not. If it is, though, just tell that person (if it's a person that made you angry) in a nice way that what they did wasn't nice and you'd like them to apologize. It may not be easy, but it's turns out alot nicer. :)

I am 16 years old and I have never sworn in my life. I think it's possible to break your habit of swearing and not to swear. It'll be hard, but it's possible! I know some one who has done it.

Here are some Bible verses about swearing:

You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain. - Exodus 20:7

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
-Ephesians 4:29

See how long you can go without swearing. Do it with a friend and support each other. I challenge you not to swear.

2 comments: