Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Homeschoolers Unite!

Last Thursday afternoon Billy, Mom, Dad and I left for the Homeschool Convention. We got there kind of late and missed all of Thursday's sessions. Billy and I got to see Caleb (a friend from Deerwander) briefly. Since the convention was over for the day, Billy and I hung out in the hotel room and played Dutch Blitz. I won! After awhile I mainly browsed on Pinterest and Billy played on his iPhone. Dad let us order pizza from Domino's. That was yummy and cool! You can build your own pizza on the website and then they'll deliver right to your hotel room! I liked it because I didn't have to do anything over the phone. :)

The sunrise Friday morning.


Friday morning, Billy and I worked out in Samoset's gym. Around 9am we went downstairs for the convention. I can't remember exactly all the sessions and which ones were when but for the lunch break we went outside and played monkey in the middle with the frisbee with Anna, Naomi, Elisha, Caleb, Ben, and a guy named Joel. It was REALLY windy so it was hard to predict where the frisbee was going to go after you threw it. Some people decided to go inside after awhile so Anna, Billy, Caleb, Elisha and I went for a walk on the breakwater. Anna and I stopped about half way so Anna could eat her sandwich. Billy, Caleb and Elisha kept going until they got to the lighthouse. Because it was SO windy the waves splashed onto the breakwater. It was pretty cool!

Elisha, Billy and Caleb. Not sure what Billy is doing here.

It's a rock!

The loooong breakwater.

When we got back inside the resort Caleb went to a seminar but we weren't interested in any of the seminars so Anna, Billy, Elisha and I did 10 pushups for a Peppermint Pattie at the ALERT table. By the time we finished eating them a lady at another table talked to us about a book. She gave Elisha and I a free book and Billy a MP3 of a story about a missionary. Us four went and played Dutch Blitz and Nines until the next seminar.

We went out to KFC for supper with the Simmlers. :) That was fun!

After supper Anna went to the graduation (I wish I could have gone because I knew two people who were graduating) and Elisha, Caleb, their family, and my family went to the How Big Is God seminar by the 4th Day Alliance. THAT. WAS. AMAZING! We bought the presentation, it was that good. Our God is incomprehensibly HUGE!

Saturday morning we learned about Tracy Klicka and her husband, Chris, who passed away and what a huge impact he made for the homeschoolers of Maine. We also learned from an author part of the story of Donn Fendler who was lost on Mt. Katahdin for 9 days when he was 12 years old. It was a miracle that he survived.

Around lunch time Nick, Joel, Kenan, Rebecca, and Mr. Stuart showed up for lunch. Sarah, Ben, Elisha, Breanna, Billy and I hung out with them while they ate. When they finished eating we hung out for a bit. Elisabeth and Rebecca went for a walk so Elisha, Billy, Kenan, Nick, Joel, Mr. Stuart and I looked for them for a bit. Joel, Nick, Kenan, and Mr. Stuart found them, I believe. We all decided to go for a walk on the breakwater. Rebecca and Elisabeth went inside so Elisabeth could give her bag to her Dad for the walk. Nick, Joel, Billy, Elisha, Mr. Stuart, Kenan and I didn't really feel like waiting so we started on the walk. By the time we got to the light house Rebecca and Elisabeth just started walking on the breakwater so we decided to start walking back. Nick and I ran part of the way. :)

Kenan and Mr. Stuart leading the walk on the breakwater.

Nick, Billy, Joel, and Elisha.

Kenan and Mr. Stuart at the light house.


When we got off of the breakwater, we walked back to Mr. Stuart's car and Kenan pulled out some delicious homemade scones for a snack. :) After we were finished eating them, Billy, Elisha and I said goodbye and quickly went back inside the resort to listen to the last seminar. It was a seminar by 4th Day Alliance on Comets.

When that session was over Caleb, Elisha, Samuel (another Reed boy) helped Billy and I pack up the backdrop. They had to leave before we finished so we said our goodbyes. While we waited for Dad to finish with video stuff Jessica, Elisabeth, Billy and I talked for awhile.

When Billy, Mom, Dad and I were ready to go we headed over to the Hughes house for supper. That was fun! Sean showed us his truck that he fixed up and gave us a quick ride around the block. For supper, we had really yummy lasagna that Mrs. Hughes made and delicious bread that Mr. Hughes made. For dessert we had a splendid homemade raspberry pie (made by Mr. and Mrs. Hughes) and vanilla ice cream. It was a very good visit filled with lots of laughs!

No comments:

Post a Comment