Thursday, March 15, 2012

Todos Today

Today two guys put in a new furnace for us. Yay! Apparently there was a crack in our old one.

Today is my friend Tucker's birthday! :D We're going to his house tonight for cake and ice cream. I'm excited!

In the meantime, I'm going to make bagels and then bake Tucker a batch of blonde brownies. Now you're probably wondering how I make bagels. I would have never thought to make homemade bagels until my wonderful friend, Anna, shared with me a recipe she uses. I can't remember where the recipe is on the computer but they're really fun to make! You pretty much throw in the basics for dough, knead it, and let it rise for an hour to an hour and a half. Then you separate the dough into 8 or 16 balls (depending on whether or not you make a double batch), "flavor" the bagels but rolling some in cinnamon sugar and raisins, some in onion salt, some in frozen blueberries and leaving some plain. Then you let those rise for a half an hour, shape them by making a hole in the middle and spinning it around on your finger. After they're all shaped, boil them by flavor in a pot of boiling sugar water for 2 minutes on one side and 1 minute on the other side. Once you have all the bagels boiled, bake them for 10 minutes, flip them over and bake them for another 10 minutes. It's super fun and they are SUPER delicious! Mom is constantly asking me to make more when we run out.

No comments:

Post a Comment