Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Babysitting Estes

Last Sunday evening Mr. Estes and Kenan dropped off Linnea, Diana and Martin here for a sleepover. The Estes had us babysit them while Mrs. Estes and Joel visited a college, Nick had class, Mr. Estes and Kenan worked, and Catherine was at another friend's house.

After almost everyone was ready for bed Catherine and Nick skyped with us to say goodnight to their siblings. We all went to bed soon after the skype call.

Monday morning we had cereal for breakfast. After breakfast Diana, Linnea and I played Sequence. I won! :) Martin, Diana, Linnea and I watched Madagascar. Martin LOVES that movie! During the movie I curled Diana and most of Linnea's hair. When we finished the movie we had lunch. After lunch Martin took and nap and Diana attempted to take one but read a book instead.

While Martin napped Diana and Linnea played Spit and then we played Stress. I baked some cookies for a snack. Martin woke up soon after the cookies were done. To pass the time while the cookies cooled, we went for a quick walk. It was a VERY quick walk because it was SUPER windy. Martin said, "It's too freezing for me.". He's so cute!

When we got back from the walk we each ate a cookie and drank some hot chocolate.

I decided to take a group picture of us because I thought it would look cute.

Right after I finished uploading this picture (and a few other pictures) our power went out. I wasn't suprised because it was super duper windy! Turns out that a huge tree on our road fell over and knocked down some electric wires and slightly bent over a telephone pole.
Diana, Linnea and I played a couple rounds of Stress again.
Martin wanted to play Hide and Go Seek and so we all played Hide and Go Seek. It was sort of Hide and Go Seek in the dark because the power was out. Once we got tired of Hide and Go Seek, I taught them how to play Skip-bo. Linnea won!

When Dad went to go pick up Billy from Track practice he brought home some pizza for supper since we couldn't really make anything for supper. After we finished eating supper, Linnea, Diana, and Martin packed up and got ready to leave. When Mr. Estes and Kenan arrived we quickly put their stuff in their vehicle, said our goodbyes and they left.

Almost as soon as they left, Shannon and I left to go to Tim and Angie's house so I could go to Angie's Jamberry Nail party. That was really neat!

This is a sample that I tried on. I still have it on and probably will for the next two weeks.
Yesterday, I learned from a video how to French Fishtail braid my hair. I still have to practice it a bit more to get it tight. Whats nice about this braid is that if it's loose it still looks pretty.

Here's a picture of an updo I made up with the fishtail braid.
All I did was separate my hair as if I were doing a half up half down hairdo, tied off the bottom half of the hair, and French Fishtail braided the top section. Once I finished the braid I put the hair on bottom into a loose bun that was started almost half way down my hair, tucked the bun in and pinned it in place. I used bobby pins to get any droopy areas. It's hard to explain how I did the hairdo but it really wasn't that hard.

Here's the video I learned how to French Fishtail Braid from.

No comments:

Post a Comment