Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A Summary of My Summer of 2012: Part 2

July

On July 2nd, Mom, Shannon, and I went Barn Dancing in Harpswell with the Estes and Libby! That was SO much fun! It started off as a potluck dinner. Then we all talked for a bit until the dancing begun. The couple that played the music for us, gave us step by step directions to the dance. I danced with Linnea once, then Catherine a couple times, then I danced with Kenan for the rest of the evening. :)

The next evening, we had the Richards over for ice cream just so we could have a nice little visit.

Friday, July 6th, Sean came over for surprise visit. That was cool! That evening, Mom, Sean, Billy, and I went to Olivia's graduation party. There must be something about graduations and volleyball because, yet again, we played volleyball. Nick, Sandrine, Elijah, Keisha, Kelci, Jonathan, and I played pass with the frisbee for a bit too. At one point, we had a hilarious game of volleyball going. I believe it was Joel, Tucker, a guy named Devryn, Nick, and I vs. Sean, Billy, and a guy named Jonathan, I think. The teams weren't very even but it was still hilarious! Sean kept making the funniest noises. After awhile, the guys wanted to play a serious game, so I quit because I'm not good at volleyball. :P

Charlotte and I at Olivia's graduation
After awhile, we watched a slide show of Olivia, then Mom, Sean, Billy and I left.

The next morning, Billy and Sean went to the Almquist's house and helped Pastor Per and a bunch of other people get wood from another town. While they were gone, Mrs. Almquist, Corrie, Mom, and I scraped paint while Dad, Jason, and Tucker split wood. Once Billy, Sean, Pastor Per, Mr. Doughty, Mrs. Doughty, Erin, Millie, Grace, Kevin, Jake, Ken, and a few others got back from getting the wood, we all formed a line and helped unload and stack the wood. It was really fun! We ended up temporarily naming each log to make it more exciting.

This is a picture Ken took and edited on Instagram. It's only picture I could find of us working. From left to right: Mr. Kohler's son?, Gracie, Erin, Millie, and Sean.


The following Wednesday (July 11), My family and I left on a trip to Pennsylvania. Our first stop for was in Rhode Island, at a campground. It was so pretty there! 
Shannon, Billy and I. <3

We had a quick fire before we went to bed.

We went on a walk along the shore while the sun set. It was so picturesque!

I found a bottle and tried making an artsy picture out of it.

Mom and Dad. <3
The next day, we packed up and drove to the Cliff Walk. It was such pretty walk and there were alot of cool mansions!

A bunch of mansions.

We were walking right next to the ocean. The breeze was nice!

Billy and Shannon found the perfect climbing tree.

A cool tunnel!

Dad and Mom in front of their favorite mansion.

Billy and Shannon just walking along.
After the long, but delightful, walk, we drove to NYC to pick up Abbey. After we picked up Abbey, we spent the night at the Johnson's in Pennsylvania. 
The next morning we got to a hotel in Pennsylvania. Later, we went out to eat with Uncle Steve, Aunt Rose, Uncle David, and Aunt Sue at Applebees. :)
The next day we went to Grammy and Grampy's for lunch. We celebrated Grammy's 80th birthday. 

These pictures are a little out of order. 
 
The guys: Dad, Uncle David, Gabe, Uncle Steve, Billy, and Tim.

Grampy and Grammy.

Addie and Auntie Abbey.

Gabe and I having a tickle war. <3

The ladies: Abbey, me, Aunt Sue, Mom, Aunt Rose, Shannon, Angie, and Addie.

Addie! Ain't she cute?

Addie and Auntie Shannon.

Everyone (minus Grammy and Grampy) on a walk.

Aunt Sue and Uncle David.

Gabie baby. He's adorable.


Addie and Tim.
 We spent the rest of the day at the hotel and hung out with our relatives. We talked, played games, and talked some more. :) The next morning, we all had breakfast together and then we all went our separate ways. My family and I went to New Jersey for a couple of days.


Dad and Abbey relaxing on the beach.

The jersey shore has awesome waves.

Me in the middle of a wave.

Our campsite.

This picture was supposed to be with the Pennsylvania pictures but, it somehow got mixed up. This is Addie and I!

The woods surrounding our campsite. Pretty cool, huh?

Abbey at the beach.

The crazies in our family: Billy and Shannon.

The week after we got home, we "dog sat" a boxer for four days. Her name was Belle and she was super cute!

On July 26th, Billy and I packed for a hiking trip with the Estes up Katahdin. We hiked with Mr. Estes, Nick, Joel, Kenan, Linnea, Daniel, Jake, and Douglas. It was a huuuuge blast! We hiked up Dudley and across Knife Edge and down Saddle Back.

All of us minus Mr. Estes (he took the picture) at the tippy top of Maine! From left to right: Daniel, Jake, Douglas, Joel, Billy, Linnea, Nick, me, and Kenan.

Just finished Knife Edge! From left to right: Joel, Kenan, me, Jake, and Billy.

Knife Edge!

This is right before we started Knife Edge.


Joel, Jake, Daniel, and Douglas drove home after we all got to the bottom of the mountain. The rest of us spent another night and hiked Mt. Katahdin again with Shannon, Eva, Seth, Ben, Elisha, and Caleb! This time it was rather rainy most of the time.
Taking a break. From left to right: Linnea, Seth, Ben, Elisha, Billy, Caleb, and Kenan.

We did it (for some us, twice!)! From left to right: Ben, Seth, Elisha, (up top) Billy, Kenan, Caleb, Nick, Eva, (from right to left) Shannon, Linnea, and Mr. Estes.

It was really foggy on the way down at first.
Mr. Estes, Nick, Billy, Kenan, Linnea and I hiked Mt. Katahdin twice in two days. :D SO MUCH FUN!

The Monday after hiking Katahdin, I went to Popham beach with Sarah, Ben, Merritt, Anna, Isabel, Emily, Noel, Jeremy, Adam, Mrs. Garthoff, Zoe and Hannah. It was alot of fun! 

We attempted to make the word "LOVE".
The rest of the week, I helped a missions team from Mississippi work on our church and the community. 

A group shot of a bunch of us Freegracers and the missions team from Mississippi. We were doing some landscaping at a park. Technically, this picture was taken August 4th.. But my week with the missions team started in July.

Al, Sarah Kennedy, me, and Austin carrying a ladder. Sarah Kennedy and I actually didn't carry this ladder, we were just posing for Anne.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment