Thursday, September 20, 2012

Single Serving Recipes

A week ago I shared a recipe I found called A Single Serving Chocolate Chip Cookie. Well, a few days ago, I found another pin on Pinterest that has quite a few single serving desserts.

I tried the Single-Serving Blueberry Muffin for part of my breakfast this morning. But, instead of blueberries, I did chocolate chips. I think I microwaved it for 30 seconds too long because it turned out hard. So don't judge the muffin by it's outside. :P

Single-Serving Blueberry Muffin
  • 3 tbsp spelt flour (30g) (or ww pastry, white, or Bob’s gluten-free)
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • heaping 1/16 tsp salt
  • 1-2 tbsp blueberries (fresh or frozen)
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tbsp unrefined coconut oil (You can sub a different oil; however the coconut oil gives it a rich flavor and fun texture. You can use applesauce for a fat-free version.)
  • 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp milk of choice (Use less if using liquid sweetener.)
  • 1 tbsp sugar (or 1 packet stevia) I omitted, but most people will want some sweetener
Preheat your oven to 330 degrees. (Or see microwave note, below.) Mix dry ingredients, then add wet. Mix until just combined (don’t overmix), and bake for 17 minutes or so. (Baking time will vary, depending on the flour and oil/applesauce you use.) If you don’t want to heat your oven for just one muffin, you can make this in the microwave! Just grease/spray a little dish, pour batter in, heat for 90-ish seconds, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment