Monday, September 24, 2012

Training at Sedgley Place

Last Thursday and Saturday evening I started training with Sedgley Place. It's been pretty intense but I think I'm going to like it, once I get then hang of it. Hostesses have to do so much! We have to set/rearrange (if needed) the tables, light lanterns/candles, put cheese and crackers on the tables before the customers arrive, put breads out 15 minutes after the hour, fill/refill waters, set out veggie plates, serve veggies right after or while the main course is served, sell lobster cocktails, pre-buss (clear dishes to make room for more dishes), buss, set tables for later seatings, get coffee, cappuccino, or tea and help out the waitresses. It can get pretty hectic. Saturday evening was wicked busy! I was working for 5 1/2 hours. I didn't sit down once. Tim and Angie were dining there though. It was cool to see Tim and Angie and serve them their veggies. I have to work on memorizing the table names though.

Last Friday, I had a soccer game against Temple Academy. We lost 5-2. It was still a pretty good game! Libby and Colin are on that team. I think Colin actually scored one of their goals. Temple is probably the second best team in this league. I scored both of our goals. :) The first one I got with like 20 seconds left in the first half. Buck (our goalie) punted it, and their defense didn't really make an effort to trap it because the half was almost over so, I sprinted up and tapped the ball in the goal just as the goalie was going after it. During halftime, Mrs. Phillips gave Henry a banana to give to me. :) It was so sweet! I only ate like 1/3 of it so I wouldn't get sick during the second half. In the second half, Colin was in goal and we got a corner kick. Dan took the corner kick, it was a beautiful kick that I barely had to move to head it in the goal. :D As I was heading back to my starting position, Mrs. Phillips said, "I want my banana back!". It was rather hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment