Friday, September 7, 2012

A Summary of My Summer of 2012: Part 3

August

The first week of August I helped a Missions Team from Mississippi work on our church building. I mentioned that in my blog post about July.

On Sunday, August 5th, after church we went to Range Pond to celebrate Gabe's 3rd birthday. That was alot of fun! 

Angie's baking skills.

Right before we sang "Happy Birthday" to him.

Gabe and Angie made these.

More of Angie's baking skills. These were SO good!

Angie helping Gabe open his gifts while Addie and Tim watch.

Gabie really liked his gifts.

My nephew loooves the water.

Addie being her cute self.

Addie with her crazy Uncle and pretty Auntie.

The next day, Shannon and I picked up Meti and then went shopping for some shoes for the Deerwander banquet. After we got the shoes, we went home, had lunch, and then picked up Corrie, then went to AC Moore and got peacock feathers, and then drove to Mrs. Phillips. Mrs. Phillips and I got to work on making measurements and such for adjusting my dress while Shannon, Meti, Corrie, and Colin talked in the living room. Right after we finished working on my dress, Joel dropped off Kenan and then we took Kenan back with us. On our way home, Shannon, Meti, Corrie, Kenan and I got some ice cream at Dairy Queen. We dropped Corrie off on our way home. When we got back to our house, I taught/retaught Dutch Blitz to Meti and Kenan until Billy was done working out. After Billy was done working out, Billy, Kenan, Shannon, Meti and I played a couple real rounds of Dutch Blitz.
The next day, Billy, Kenan, and I lifted weights, and then ran a mile to a soccer field, and then played soccer and frisbee for a bit. That night, we went to the Crawford's house for supper. We had hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, and lemonade for supper. After supper, Connor, Gavin, Meredith, Billy, Shannon, Kenan and I went on walk to the island on the Androscoggin River. That was alot of fun!
Shannon got a cool shot of Kenan climbing a tree.

Me, Meredith, and Kenan looking out at the water.

Connor and Kenan did the same thing.

After we got back from the walk, we (plus Abbey and Garret) played Apple to Apples and ate ice cream. :)

Kenan, Billy, Gavin, Connor, (you can't see Meredith but she's between Connor and Abbey) and Abbey.
The next day, Billy, Kenan, and I worked out again, Shannon drove us to the soccer field and we then played soccer with a bunch of Billy's teammates and Kristin (a teammate of mine) for a couple of hours. We walked back to our house through the woods, took showers, and then Mom, Dad, Abbey, Shannon, Billy, Kenan, and I went to the Donahues for pizza as a "good bye" party for Calvin.

From left to right: Kenan, me, Corrie, Abbey, Billy, Calvin, Shannon, Jolie, Brenna, and Jessi.
We all talked for a long, but nice, time until we had to leave. :)

On Thursday, Billy, Kenan, and I worked out in the morning. Billy and I packed a little bit for Deerwander while Kenan watch Lord of the Rings. We had supper and then Mr. and Mrs. Estes dropped Joel, Catherine, Diana, and Martin at our house while they went out to dinner for their Anniversary. We played some basketball and soccer until it got dark. Then we went inside and talked and played a little bit of Catch Phrase. Mr. and Mrs. Estes came back and talked with us for awhile and then took Joel, Catherine, Diana, and Martin back home with them.
The next day (Friday), we cleaned the house and watched more Lord of the Rings. Just before lunch, Ben, Julian, Joanna, Jenny, and Daniel came to our house. Billy made grilled cheese for lunch and then after lunch we all went piled into the Vandyke's van and drove to Black Bridge. Everyone except Daniel jumped off the cliffs, swung on the rope, and jumped of the 40 foot bridge. SO much fun!

Me on the rope.

Julian and Billy jumping off the bridge.

Billy climbing the rope.

Ben swinging on the rope.

Shannon jumping off the bridge.

Shannon swinging on the rope.

Kenan being a beast and climbing across the beams of the bridge.

Me on the rope.

Billy on the rope.

Kenan and I on the rope.

Jenny on the rope.

Joanna on the rope.
That night, Mom, Dad, Kenan, and I went to his house. The Phillips met us there and Mrs. Phillips and I worked on my dress while the rest of the Phillips hung out with the other Estes kids. :)

I'll blog about Deerwander on Monday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment