Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Summary of My Summer of 2012 Part 1

This summer was absolutely amazing! I think it was my best summer so far. I'll do my best to summarize it.

June

On June 9th, I hung out with Tucker and Corrie in the morning, and then we went to Joel's Graduation party.  That day was also my birthday so Billy and I got greeted with lots of birthday wishes and they all sang Happy Birthday to us. We played lots of volley ball, it was a fun day! Congratulations, Joel!

Through out June, I played some summer soccer games with Leavitt Area High School.

On June 15th, Billy and I had a huge amount of our friends meet us at Recreation Drive and played 3 games of Ultimate frisbee, a bit of soccer, and we ate burgers, dogs, chicken, apple pie, and ice cream cake!
I threw a pie and ice cream in Billy's face and he did the same to me.

There are lots of pictures of Ultimate on Facebook, but I decided to only post one of Billy and I.

After almost everyone left, Douglas, Sean, and the Donahue girls came back to our house because it was getting dark and buggy. We lit a few sparklers, talked, and laughed, and talked, and laughed. Ben came over right around when we got back to our house. The next day Billy, Mom, Dad, and I brought Ben, Shannon, and Sean to a Dunkin Donuts to catch a ride with a group from the Bangor Church to go on a Missions Trip on a Boardwalk in New Jersey.

After Shannon, Ben, and Sean left with the Bangor group, Mom and Dad brought Billy and I to the Estes house. Kenan taught me how to mow their lawn. I didn't do a very good job though. :P I helped Linnea fold laundry, and then Linnea, Catherine, Diana and I shucked corn on the cob for lunch.

After lunch, we went to a graduation ceremony for a friend from the Estes' church. Billy and Kenan rode their bikes to the church which, by the way, is about 17 miles away from the Estes' house.

After the graduation, we went to Elayna's graduation party. :) That was alot of fun! Billy, Kenan, Joel, Nick and I played volley ball for a bit. Nick and Joel both stopped before we finished and so Kenan's friend, Daniel, joined until we had to go inside for Elayna's graduation ceremony. After her ceremony, the younger half of Elayna's guests all played Volleyball, then Nuke 'Em until we had to leave. It was a blast!

On June 18th, I had a summer soccer game against EL and I scored a goal! :) We tied that game 3-3.

I can't really remember what else we did until Tuesday night (the 26th), Billy, Josh, Malia, Corrie, and I spent the night at the Richards' house. We woke up early Wednesday morning and packed up the three vehicles and drove north of Millinocket to get the Allagash.

Wednesday morning after we were all packed up.

Malia and I!

It was rather rainy as we unloaded the vehicles and loaded up our canoes, but just as we started canoing, it cleared up and there was a blue sky. :)
Raaaainy.

Me, Corrie, Malia and Rebecca on a bridge.

Corrie and Mr. Stuart shared a canoe, Rebecca and Liz shared a canoe, Billy and Malia shared a canoe, Pastor Sam and Josh shared a canoe, and Tucker and I shared a canoe. Since the weather went from rainy to sunny, Tucker and I canoed right through a rainbow. It was really cool! When we got to the first campsite, we set up camp and had supper.

Our first campsite. 
The next day we took down camp and had blueberry pancakes for breakfast. :) We canoed through another long and twisty river and then we eventually came to a pond. Across the pond is a waterfall and right before the water fall is where we pull off to the side to get to our next campsite.

That is Billy and I carrying a canoe across the campsite. We couldn't go over the water fall so we went around it.

The pond at sunset!

When we got camp all setup, we had lunch and then we swam in the waterfalls until we got pretty cold. We played card games until it was time to make supper. For supper we had stir-fry and mashed potatoes. SO yummy! After supper we had a Bible study and then went to bed.
The next day, we canoed for only a little bit on a river, and then we got to Chamberlain lake, which is over 10 miles long. I think we canoed the first 8 miles. We stopped for lunch after about 4 or 5 miles, I think. A storm was coming in really fast so we had to pull over to a campsite and camp there. We went swimming in the HUGE waves from the storm, then we had a late supper because we were having trouble starting a fire. During supper, we were entertained by a reeeeally intense thunder storm. When the storm was over, we could see lightning bolts across the lake, it was amazing! Those lighting bolts we saw came over us in the middle of the night, but I slept through it because I was so tired.
The next day we packed up and canoed to the campsite that was about 2 or 3 miles from where we were that we tried to go to the day before. As we canoed there, Liz, Rebecca, Tucker and I sang a bunch of song in rounds. :) When we got to the campsite, we had a bathroom break and jumped off the rocks and into the water.
I forgot to mention that when we stopped for lunch on Chamberlain lake, we switched the canoe partners up a little. Mr. Stuart and Pastor Sam were buddies, Malia and Corrie were buddies, Rebecca and Tucker were buddies, Billy and Josh were buddies, and Liz and I were buddies. When we got to the very end of the trip, we could see the the boat launch, we all raced to it. Liz and I won! Billy and Josh were the first ones to the boat launch but they were ahead of everyone else when we started the race. Mr. Stuart, Liz, Pastor Sam, and Tucker drove off to get the other cars while we had lunch, played cards and napped. Three hours later they came back with the cars and we loaded the cars up, took a group picture and drove home. :)
All of us after the exciting 4 day canoing trip.
Tomorrow, I'll blog about July.

No comments:

Post a Comment