Monday, October 29, 2012

A Relaxing Weekend for Once!

Last Friday I got called off of work for that night so just relaxed that night. :) It was unusual for me to not have anything going on on a Friday night.

Saturday morning I relaxed and edited the pictures from the soccer game last Thursday. Billy and Dad went to help the Crosby's work on their house for the entire afternoon and evening so I didn't have a ride to work. Shannon was working and Mom was in New York City. I was going to ride the bike to work but, to my delight, Shannon had low census at work so she came home around 2pm! Praise the Lord! I was so happy that I didn't have to bike 2 1/2 miles to work. Work that night went pretty well as far as I could tell. Michaela and I got the tables ready and such. We both worked downstairs for awhile. Michaela had me do the vegetables by myself for the main room while she delivered the breads for upstairs. I worked upstairs for most of that seating. I did a lot of table clearing. When most of the guests were finished with their desserts, I helped out downstairs. Michaela left because she was there earlier than me.  I helped Kaitlyn who had gotten to work around 6:30pm with downstairs until the guests were almost all done with their desserts. Terry sent me home sooner than Kaitlyn. Since I had forgotten to pick up my paychecks, I picked up three. That's always nice!

Sunday morning, I did the slides for the church service. Pastor Per preached on The Priority of Marriage. You can listen to that sermon or any other of Pastor Per's sermons here. After church, we had Meredith, Connor, Gavin, Millie, Grace, Kevin, and Meti over to our house and then went apple picking at Wilson Pond Farm. We had a very good time!

Me, Meti, Gracie, and Millie checking the trees for good apples.

Billy, Meti, me, Millie and the others behind us after we filled the bags with apples.

The whole group minus Shannon! From left to right, Gracie, Gavin, Meti, Millie, Connor, me, Meredith, Billy and Kevin is in the tire.
 After we got back home, Meti, Shannon, and Grace baked apple crisp while the rest of us talked and played Dutch Blitz. The apple crisp was delicious, especially with vanilla ice cream!

After everyone left, Shannon, Billy, and I relaxed for a little bit and then Dad had us go shopping for nonperishable foods, and jugs of water just in case we lose power during this Hurricane Sandy.

Today is my Dad's birthday! :D I am so blessed to have a him as my father. <3

1 comment: