Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Rag Curls

I wasn't going anywhere last night because I didn't have to babysit so I decided to do rag curls on myself. Let me explain what rag curls are in a few simple steps.
  1. Get hair damp all over and put some gel or mousse through your hair. Or after a shower, let your hair dry until it's about 50% dry.
  2. Section of the top 2/3 of your hair (near the ear) and start with your bottom layer. 
  3. Grab a rag that's about 3 inches long and 1/2 an inch to 1 inch wide and grab a section of hair about an inch to two inches thick and tie the rag around that section, slide it down as far as you can with out having the hair fall out of the knot.
  4. Roll up the hair around the knot until you get to the scalp and then tie it off.
  5. Continue to roll all your hair around the rag until you've gotten all your hair in rags. 
  6. Spray with hairspray.
  7. Go to sleep. When you wake up in the morning, spray your hair with hairspray one more time, let it dry and then untie the knots and take the rags out. 
You should end up with very springy curls. They aren't the prettiest curls in the world but I still like them. I put my hair in a side ponytail and it looked nice!

My curls in a side ponytail.

I took them out of the ponytail.

Kind of messy but fun. The left side of my hair straightened out a little because it was in side ponytail.

No comments:

Post a Comment